Open Daw started in June 2005 and we are proud to have been running for just over 15 years!
- Open Daw provides free ‘drop in’ facilities for anyone to meet with agency or organisation representatives who can help them
- We signpost enquirers to agencies, organisations, community information and events to best help them with their issue, question or problem
- We facilitate and promote community projects in welfare, social and community information – from community litter picks, maintaining information boards and websites
- We provide a safe haven and friendly place for those who are vulnerable, disadvantaged and lonely
- We are an independent charity and rely on donations, refreshment and books sales, our Supporters Club and grants to maintain our services
We rely on our wonderful volunteers as we have only two paid Co-ordinators. Our volunteers serve refreshments, takes sales monies, help us out at events and lots more.
Looking back in time – this is the original newspaper article when Open Daw started.